- It can add 'animation' to a page, either to draw attention to a specific part of the page, or to make the page easier to use (for example by resizing the page or hiding / showing text in response to a user's interaction).
- It can be used to validate data-entry fields, without the need to refresh the page for each field.
- To adapt the layout of webpages to suit the size of the screen.
- To adjust the size of some images to suit the size of the screen.
- To show / hide the 'Cookies and privacy notice'.
- To show / hide the 'Useful Information' section on 'information' and other pages.
- To display text in an 'overlay'.
- To display slideshows for images.
- To display interactive maps, including those provided via the 'Explore Using Maps' option.
Please note that this list is NOT exhaustive.