- To view a brief definition for one of the symbols used in the top-bar for places, hover the cursor over the symbol. ( As 'hovering' is not possible when using touch screens, the full definition page can be opened by clicking / tapping on the symbol.)
- To open the full page for a specific place, image or article, click / tap on the relevant place name, image name, or article title. Before doing so, please note that this website is in the early stages of development, so the information available for 'places' will be minimal or non-existant until the 'place' in question has featured in an article. (The 'article status category' symbols and 'Read more' links indicate the availability - or otherwise - of an article for each place with a published entry in the database.)
- To view the definition for a place-type, click / tap on the place-type.
- To view full details of a specific image product, click / tap on the relevant 'View image details' link.
Summary information frames for places
The diagram below shows a typical 'summary information frame' (as used for 'places'). Descriptions for the numeric labels are provided in the key.
Key to label numbers
1 = Content Type.
2 = Sequence number.
3 = Star rating.
4 = Article status.
5 = Article title.
6 = Place type(s).
7 = Leader (brief introduction), with a 'Read more' link if an article is available.
8 = Default image.
9 = Link to 'View image details'. (Images are no longer being offered for sale.)
In a bid to squeeze the maximum amount of potentially useful information into a limited amount of space, symbols are used to convey two key pieces of information about places:
- Star Rating symbols (displayed top-centre) are used to grade freely visible, free-to-enter or 'not-for-profit' places that maybe of interest to sightseeting visitors.
- Article Status symbols (displayed top-right) are used to identify the extent and nature of any additional information currently available for those places.
A full set of definitions for the star ratings and article status categories is provided:
- in the sidebar to the right of this text (if you are viewing this page on a device with a relatively wide screen), or
- in separate blocks below this text (if you are viewing this page on a device with a narrow screen).