You are here
Terms and Conditions of Use (Including the Personal Use License)
1.1: The following definitions apply throughout this document:
- "This website" and "the site" both mean the York Illustrated website (homepage URL = https://www.york-illustrated.co.uk/).
- "The Terms and Conditions" and "these Terms and Conditions" are short-forms for, and refer to, the document entitled 'Terms and Conditions of Use (Including the Personal Use License)'.
- "User" means the person viewing or otherwise using any part of this website's content, including its webpages and all associated files.
- "The purchaser" and "the customer" both mean the person paying for a license to download an image file or a publication file from this website.
- "The gift recipient" means the person to whom a purchaser gives (or intends to give) as a gift a licensed file or a physical item containing a single print or impression of all or part of a licensed image file in the manner described in Section 15.
- "The licensed party" means the purchaser or, where section 15 applies, the gift recipient.
- "You" / "Your" means the person who is the purchaser or, where section 15 applies, the person who is the gift recipient.
- "Licensable image file", "licensable publication file" and "licensable file" refer to the files listed in this website's Catalogue. When a license is purchased, an 'Order Confirmation / Customer Invoice' is generated and sent by email to the purchaser. The Title and Stock Keeping Unit (SKU) of each licensed file are listed on this 'Order Confirmation / Customer Invoice'. After a license has been purchased, the file associated with that license will be known and referred to as the "licensed image file", the "licensed publication file" or simply the "licensed file". However, if a licensed file is used by an unlicensed party in a manner that is not specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions, the file in question will become an "unlicensed file" and such use will constitute a breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- "Non-exclusive" means that the owner of this website may sell licenses relating to any licensable file to any number of private individuals and / or organisations.
- "Non-transferable" means that the licensed party may not transfer a licensed file or transfer, or assign the rights to use a licensed file, to any other party except where such transfer takes place in the manner described in and specifically permitted by Section 15.
1.2: This document covers the use of the York Illustrated website and the use of any licensed file downloaded from this website subsequent to the purchase of a Personal Use License for that file.
2.1: The owner of this website reserves the right to change, add or remove any part of these Terms and Conditions at any time and without notice.
2.2: The terms and conditions applicable when using this website are those that are in force at the time the site is being used.
2.3: The terms and conditions applicable to a purchase are those that are in force at the time the 'Pay' button is activated on the PayPal payments screen. When a purchase is made, a link to the applicable version of the Terms and Conditions (in PDF format) is included within the text of the order confirmation e-mail. The purchaser must download, read and comply with the applicable Terms and Conditions. If a licensed file is being given as a gift (or being used to create a gift) in the manner described in Section 15, the purchaser must supply a copy of the applicable Terms and Conditions to the gift recipient. Each licensed party is STRONGLY ADVISED to retain a copy of the applicable Terms and Conditions for future reference.
2.4: This is version 2.0, which became effective for purchases completed at or after 00:01 GMT on the 1st day of August 2016.
3.1: The owner of this website lives in England and the website is hosted in and operates from servers located in the United Kingdom. The content of this website relates to a specific area of England and the text is written in English. All communications will be in English. This website and all transactions conducted via or associated with this website are governed by and will be conducted in accordance with English Law, regardless of the location, nationality or preferred language of any other individual or organisation concerned. Should any dispute arise that cannot be resolved directly and amicably between the parties concerned, English Courts will have sole jurisdiction to hear and resolve the dispute.
3.2: Although this website is hosted in the United Kingdom (i.e. the servers are located in and managed from the UK), the internet over which the site's content is served is a global affair and this website's traffic could be routed almost anywhere in the world, even for users based in the UK. This is the way that the internet works and the owner of this website has no control over, or responsibility or liability for, the routing of internet-based content.
4.1: Except where otherwise stated, Mark R. Harvey owns and retains the copyright for the text and images that collectively form this website and in all cases all rights are reserved.
4.2: The copyright for the contents of every image file and publication file offered for download under license from this website is owned and retained by Mark R. Harvey and all rights are reserved unless expressly granted under the terms of the purchased license.
4.3: The images displayed on this website contain visible watermarks or other forms of copyright statement in order to assert and protect the owner's copyright. The images available for download under license do NOT contain any form of visible watermark. However, they may contain hidden watermarks or similar protective devices to allow copyright information to be checked and to enable unlicensed use to be identified. Any such hidden watermarks or similar protective devices will NOT be visible when the image is viewed or used under normal conditions (i.e. when viewed on-screen or printed). Any attempt to remove or alter a visible or hidden watermark will be deemed to be a breach of these terms and conditions.
5.1: The owner of this website endeavours to ensure that the site's content will be accurate and that the site will be available for use to the maximum extent possible. However, the owner of this website does NOT guarantee that the site's content will be error free or that the site will be available and accessible without interruption. On the contrary, this website will need to be taken offline without notice for short periods of time on a regular basis for back-ups, routine maintenance and the installation of amendments and upgrades. In addition, problems with equipment and services supplied by third-parties do occur from time to time. The owner of this website will not be liable for any death, personal injury, damage, expense, or loss (whether direct, indirect or consequential) arising from periods of non-availability, howsoever caused.
5.2: Notwithstanding paragraph 5.1, if this website has been offline for more than six hours in any 48-hour period, the owner of this website will extend the expiry date for any affected file-download(s) by an appropriate period of time if requested to do so. Any such request must be made in writing within 14 calendar days of the period of non-availability, either by replying to the order confirmation e-mail or by using the webform on the 'Contact' page.
5.3: By using this website, the user confirms that he or she is legally entitled to do so and accepts that any illegal and / or unauthorised use of, or tampering with, this website or its content may give rise to a claim for damages and / or may result in the user facing a criminal prosecution.
5.4: If a user chooses to access this website from outside the United Kingdom, the user is solely responsible for paying any local taxes that may apply and for ensuring that the access does not violate any laws or regulations that may be applicable to the user's location.
5.6: To comply with the age restrictions imposed by PayPal and other financial institutions, the 'purchaser' must be at least 18 years old at the time of purchase. The owner of this website does not impose any age restriction on the gift recipient.
5.7: The user account created to facilitate, control and secure a purchaser's file-download(s) may only be accessed and used by the purchaser in question. The purchaser must not disclose the user name or associated password to any other individual or organisation or otherwise allow any other individual or organisation to access the user account or to download any file(s) assigned to that user account. The owner of this website reserves the right to suspend or remove a purchaser's login access if there are signs that it is being abused OR once all of the licensed files have been downloaded OR after more than 21 calendar days have elapsed since the most recent purchase was made.
6.1: Links to third-party websites have been provided in various places on this website in the honest belief that they may be helpful and / or of interest. These 'external links' are checked for functionality and relevance when they are first added, then checked again for functionality and relevance on an occasional basis thereafter. However, the operation and content of these third-party websites is completely outside the control of the owner of this website and the owner of this website cannot and does not guarantee that the content of any such third-party website will be - or will continue to be - available, relevant, age-appropriate, free from redirects, free from malicious or offensive content or otherwise appropriate or safe to use.
6.2: The owner of this website does not endorse or necessarily agree with the content of any third-party website, linked or otherwise.
6.3: The use of any external link will be solely at the user's own discretion and risk. The owner of this website will not be liable for any death, personal injury, offence, damage, expense, or loss (whether direct, indirect or consequential) that may arise as a result of using an external link. As with all matters connected with the internet, the user is strongly advised to take appropriate precautions before opening any link to a third party website. To facilitate this cautious approach, all links to third-party websites are clearly identifiable as such by their inclusion in a separate section headed 'External Links' and / or by the provision of suitably worded link-text and / or by the provision of the full URL (which includes the domain name).
7.1: To maximise compatibility:
- all licensable image files (Photographs, Photo-Montages, Snapshots and Stitched Panoramas) are supplied in the 'JPEG' format and have a filename extension (suffix) of .jpg
- all licensable publication files (Digital Guides and eCards) are supplied in the 'Portable Document Format' (aka PDF) and have a filename extension (suffix) of .pdf. (Some licensable publication files may also be made available in other formats).
7.2: These file formats have become extremely common in the realm of personal computing and the vast majority of personal computing devices can open and display both types of file. However, it is the responsibility of the prospective purchaser to ensure that he or she has - or has access to - the knowledge, skills, hardware, software and other equipment required to download, open and display (or otherwise use) the supplied file(s). The prospective purchaser is strongly advised to check the compatibility (or otherwise) of these file formats with all relevant hardware and software by reviewing the applicable technical specification(s) and / or user manuals or by contacting the manufacturer / supplier of the hardware and / or software concerned.
8.1: The owner of this website does NOT guarantee that this website or the licensable files will be free from viruses or other malicious content.
8.2: This website has been created and is being developed and managed via a device that uses active and up-to-date antivirus and security software supplied by one of the market leaders in this technology. This website is hosted by a reputable, UK-based, hosting company. All reasonable precautions have therefore been taken (and will continue to be taken) to ensure that this website's pages and files are safe to use. However, despite these precautions, it is still possible that the pages and files associated with this website may become infected with malicious content. It is therefore vital that each user takes suitable precautions with the equipment used to access this website and that each purchaser (and, where applicable, each gift recipient) takes suitable precautions with the equipment used to download, store and use the licensed file(s).
8.3: The owner of this website will not be responsible or liable for any malicious corruption that may occur to this website or its associated files or for any death, personal injury, damage, expense, or loss (whether direct, indirect or consequential) that may arise as a result of any such corruption.
9.1: The prices quoted in the Catalogue apply to the purchase of a non-exclusive non-transferable license for a single private individual to download and use the licensed file for personal use only subject to the Terms and Conditions outlined in this document. Each price is, therefore, a 'license fee'.
9.2: The owner of this website reserves the right to alter without notice the price at which a license is offered for sale.
9.3: Where a 'special offer' discount is advertised, the price displayed has already been adjusted to take account of the discount. The price displayed is the price that will need to be paid in order to obtain a license to download and use the licensed file in accordance with the terms and conditions outlined in this document.
9.4: 'Special offers' apply to new purchases only: they will not be applied retrospectively to items that were purchased or added to a shopping cart prior to the commencement of the special offer.
9.5: York Illustrated is a trading name used by sole trader Mark R. Harvey whose combined business income falls significantly below the threshold for VAT registration. The business is therefore not VAT registered. VAT has NOT been included in the prices listed on this website and it will not be added at any point during the transaction. The purchaser should not attempt to reclaim VAT on any purchase made via this website.
10.1: For all purchases made via this website, the combined 'Order Confirmation / Customer Invoice' will be supplied in an electronic format only. It will be sent automatically by e-mail to the supplied e-mail address immediately after the relevant payment has been finalised via the PayPal payments screen. For a period of not less than 21 calendar days after the date of purchase, the same document will also be available for viewing, downloading and / or printing from the logged-in user's 'Order history' page.
10.2: The purchaser is strongly advised to download and retain an electronic and / or printed copy of the combined 'Order Confirmation / Customer Invoice' for each order.
11.1: Each Personal Use License is (and must be) associated with a specific person (the purchaser) via the following:
- A valid e-mail address. This will ONLY be used for important correspondence relating to the purchaser's account, including any file-download licenses purchased. It will NOT be used to promote special offers or for any other form of marketing activity. Unless disclosure is required for law-enforcement or financial reporting purposes or for the control or protection of intellectual property rights, it will NOT knowingly be made available to anyone other than the owner and administrator(s) of this website and PayPal (the latter only as part of the order details when they are transferred to PayPal for payment processing).
- A Billing Address. This information is collected and stored primarily for licensing purposes - i.e. to identify the licensed party or parties. In exceptional circumstances, this information may be used for important communications but it will NOT be used to promote special offers or for any other form of marketing activity. Unless disclosure is required for law-enforcement or financial reporting purposes or for the control or protection of intellectual property rights, this information will NOT knowingly be made available to anyone other than the owner and administrator(s) of this website and PayPal (the latter only as part of the order details when they are transferred to PayPal for payment processing).
11.2: Under English Law, the owner of this website has a legal obligation to make the licensed file(s) available to the purchaser in an accessible and uncorrupted form once the relevant payment has been processed by PayPal. The file(s) supplied must match the description provided on this website. If, as a purchaser, you feel that the owner of this website has failed to meet these obligations or has failed to comply with any other rights that you may have as a consumer under English Law, or if you are in any way unhappy with the purchasing process or your licensed files, please reply to the Order Confirmation e-mail or use the webform on the 'Contact' page to outline your concerns. All legitimate concerns will be addressed without undue delay (normally within 48 hours but in all cases within 14 calendar days). Please quote the relevant Order Number(s) in all correspondence.
11.3: Licensed material will be made available to the purchaser in file-download form only. Licensed material cannot be supplied in any other form or by any other method of delivery.
11.4: Updates will not be supplied for any licensed file.
11.5: To comply with the age restrictions imposed by PayPal and other financial institutions, the purchaser must be at least 18 years old at the time of purchase. However, the owner of this website does not impose any age restriction on the gift recipient.
11.6: The owner of this website does not impose any geographical restriction on the use of files licensed under the terms of this Personal Use License.
11.7: The purchaser is responsible for all costs associated with the download, storage and use of the licensed file(s) including, but not limited to:
- the provision of the software, hardware and other equipment needed to download, store, view and otherwise use the licensed file(s);
- the acquisition of the skills and knowledge required to do so;
- the provision of a suitable means of accessing the internet; and (where appropriate)
- the download and processing / preparation of the 'gift' and the subsequent delivery of that 'gift' to the gift recipient.
11.8: The owner of this website cannot provide any form of advice or technical assistance relating to the storage and / or use of the licensed file(s).
12.1: For any licensed file, regardless of its type, the purchaser (and, where appropriate, the gift recipient) MAY:
- 12.1.1: Make and store copies of the file for back-up purposes. These back-up copies MAY be stored in a location other than the licensed party's home, but they MUST NOT be viewed or used by, or made accessible to, any other individual or organisation. If any form of 'cloud storage' is used, it must be both private and secure and the 'cloud storage' provider's terms and conditions of use must not contravene any of the terms and conditions outlined in this document.
- 12.1.2: Transfer the file onto multiple devices for the personal use of the purchaser (and where appropriate, the gift recipient) only.
- 12.1.3: Use the file personally for its intended purpose - i.e. the purchaser (and where appropriate, the gift recipient) MAY use the image or read the publication, subject to the terms and conditions set-down in this document.
12.2: For licensed image files (i.e. Photographs, Photo-Montages, Snapshots and Stitched Panoramas), the purchaser (and, where appropriate, the gift recipient) MAY:
- 12.2.1: Crop and / or edit the file to suit its intended use, provided that any such alteration does not contravene any English, international or local law and provided that any such alteration does not and is not likely to cause any form of offence to any individual, group of people, organisation and / or Nation State. However, please note that any alteration to the file or image will NOT alter the copyright status of the underlying image and that the modified file or image ('the derived work') will still be subject to the terms and conditions outlined in this document.
- 12.2.2: Use the image or a cropped or otherwise edited version of the image in digital form as a screen-saver or other form of computer-desktop image for personal use.
- 12.2.3: Include the image or a cropped or otherwise edited version of the image in digital form in a slideshow for personal use.
- 12.2.4: Include the image or a cropped or otherwise edited version of the image in ONE written report, essay, dissertation or similar submission provided that the submission forms part of the curriculum of a school, college, university or similar academic institution and provided that the source and copyright notice are visibly and readably included immediately adjacent to the image using the following form: "This image was supplied by York Illustrated and it is used here with the kind permission of Mark R. Harvey. © Mark R. Harvey. All rights reserved." If the submission is in a language other than English, the acknowledgement and copyright notice must be included in both English and the language in which the submission is written. Any translation of the acknowledgement and copyright notice must be complete and accurate.
- 12.2.5: Print the image or a cropped or otherwise edited version of the image ONCE onto any ONE of the following, subject to the stated restrictions:
- a piece of paper, canvas, mounting board, or other suitable medium so that it may be displayed as a poster, framed print or other form of wall art (or used as some other form of ornamental image) in a place of residence that an English Court of Law would recognise as being the home of the purchaser (or, where appropriate, the home of the gift recipient); OR
- a tea-towel, cushion, or other item of household soft furnishing to be used solely in a place of residence that an English Court of Law would recognise as being the home of the purchaser (or, where appropriate, the home of the gift recipient); OR
- an apron, cap, jacket, scarf, sweatshirt, t-shirt, or other item of personal clothing for the personal use of the purchaser (or, where appropriate, the gift recipient); OR
- a bag, book, calendar, coaster, diary, fridge-magnet, greetings card, jigsaw, keyring, mobile phone case, money box, mouse-mat, mug, notebook, pencil case, placemat, umbrella, or similar item for the personal use of the purchaser (or, where appropriate, the gift recipient).
- 12.2.6: Make the image file temporarily available to a third party solely to allow that third party to edit and / or print it for the licensed party. Under such circumstances, the edited or printed version must comply with these terms and conditions and the third party must not retain or personally or commercially use the file or its contents or any print or impression made using the file or its contents.
12.3: For eCards, the purchaser and all subsequent eCard recipients MAY:
- 12.3.1: Distribute the eCard in either digital or printed format to an UNLIMITED number of friends and / or family members. However, the eCard file must not be altered in any way. The images, text, branding and embedded link to the originating website all form an integral part of all eCards and they must remain both visible and, in the case of the link, functional.
12.4: For Digital Guides, the purchaser (and, where appropriate, the gift recipient) MAY:
- 12.4.1: Print all or part of the publication for his or her own personal use.
- 12.4.2: Make the publication file temporarily available to a third party solely to allow that third party to print it for the licensed party. Under such circumstances, the printed version must comply with these terms and conditions and the third party must not retain or personally or commercially use the file or its contents or any print or impression made using the file or its contents.
13.1: For any licensed file, regardless of its type, the purchaser (and, where appropriate, the gift recipient) must NOT:
- 13.1.1: Sell, lend, lease, hire, give or otherwise make available the file or its contents in any form to any other individual or organisation except where such use has been specifically permitted under the terms of sections 12 or 15. This restriction includes any print, impression or other form of derivative work made using all or part of the contents of the file, regardless of the media onto which it has been printed or otherwise transferred.
- 13.1.2: Edit, display or otherwise use the file, or any form of print or impression made from all or part of the file, in a manner that contravenes any English, international or local law or that causes or might cause any form of offence to any individual, group of people, organisation and / or Nation State.
- 13.1.3: Use the file, or any part of its contents, or any form of print or impression made from the file or its contents, or any other form of 'derived work' for advertising, merchandising, sponsorship, marketing or other business or commercial purpose.
- 13.1.4: Upload the file, or any part of its contents to a file-sharing site.
- 13.1.5: Upload the file or any part of its contents or any form of 'derived work' to, or display it on, or otherwise make it accessible from any website, social media site or other internet-accessible location in a manner that will or could allow it to be accessed by anyone other than the licensed party.
13.2: For licensed image files (i.e. Photographs, Photo-Montages, Snapshots and Stitched Panoramas), the purchaser (and, where appropriate, the gift recipient) must NOT:
- 13.2.1: Display a printed or electronically generated copy of the image, or anything derived from the image, in a public place or in a workplace except where the workplace is a home-office that is NOT shared with people outside the licensed party's own household. For the purposes of this paragraph only, the term 'display' means to make the item deliberately visible to people purely or primarily as a form of temporary or permanent artwork, ornament or decoration. This clause is NOT intended to restrict the licensed party from taking a personal, functional item bearing a licensed image into a public place or workplace per-se. As an example, a personal mobile phone in a phone case onto which a licensed image has been printed may be taken into the licensed party's workplace (where workplace rules permit this), but it must not be deliberately propped-up on the desk in a manner that makes the licensed image clearly visible to people other than the licensed party. Likewise, a t-shirt bearing an image derived from a licensed image file may be worn by the licensed party in a workplace or any other public place and it may be hung with other laundry in a publicly visible place while it dries. However, said t-shirt must not be mounted or hung on the wall of a workplace in a manner that turns it into an exhibit or ornamental image.
- 13.2.2: Use the image for business logos, business stationery, marketing materials, workplace art, or any other purpose connected with business or commercial activities.
- 13.2.3: Display the image, or anything derived from the image, in an exhibition.
- 13.2.4: Enter the image, or anything derived from the image, into a competition.
- 13.2.5: Claim credit for the image, or knowingly allow or encourage any other individual or organisation to claim credit for the image, regardless of the circumstances.
13.3: For eCards, the purchaser and any subsequent eCard recipients must NOT:
- 13.3.1: Alter the eCard file (or the printed version of the eCard file) in any way. The images, text, branding and embedded links to the originating website all form an integral part of all eCards and they must remain both visible and, in the case of the links, functional.
13.4: For Digital Guides, the purchaser (and, where appropriate, the gift recipient) must NOT:
- 13.4.1: Alter the publication file or a printed version of the publication in any way.
- 13.4.2: Quote from or otherwise use any part of the publication in a speech, talk, seminar or other oral presentation, or in another written work, without first seeking and being granted prior written permission from the owner of this website to do so.
14.1: If a prospective purchaser, purchaser or gift recipient is in any doubt as to whether a specific use is permitted under the terms of the Personal Use License, the individual concerned is invited and encouraged to use the webform on the 'Contact' page to outline the desired use and to ask if that use is permitted. Ideally, this should be done BEFORE the associated license is purchased.
15.1: In addition to using the licensed file personally, and subject to paragraphs 15.2 and 15.3 below, the purchaser MAY:
- give a copy of the licensed file as a gift to ONE other person (the gift recipient), in which case the gift recipient may use the licensed file for any of the permitted uses listed in Section 12 above; OR
- for licensed image files only, the purchaser may give ONE physical item containing a single print or impression of the licensed image (or a 'derived work' based on the licensed image) as a gift to ONE other person (the gift recipient).
15.2: In either case, the gift recipient MUST agree to accept and abide by the Terms and Conditions outlined in this document with the exception that the gift recipient may not and must NOT transfer the gift in any form to any other individual or organisation for any reason.
15.3: If a purchaser wishes to take advantage of the license extension allowed under paragraph 15.1 above, it will be the purchaser's responsibility to download the file, process it as necessary (in accordance with these terms and conditions), then deliver it (or otherwise make it available) to the gift recipient.
16.1: The Personal Use License entitles the purchaser to use the licensed file for the purchaser's lifetime.
16.2: Where a license has been purchased as a gift in the manner described in Section 15, the Personal Use License also entitles the gift recipient to use the licensed file for the gift recipient's lifetime.
17.1: In this section, the terms 'you' and 'your' apply solely to the purchaser.
17.2: If you have made a purchase from this website, you have the right to cancel the order and request a full refund provided that you do so within 14 calendar days of paying for your order via PayPal AND provided that you have NOT attempted to download the file(s) in question.
17.3: To accommodate this 'cooling-off period', all file-downloads remain valid for 21 calendar days from the date of purchase.
17.4: You may choose to download your files before the 14-day cancellation period has elapsed but, if you do so, you are expressly giving consent to the early download of your file(s) and acknowledging and accepting that you will lose the right to cancel the order(s) in question.
17.5: Contracts (orders) can NOT be cancelled after an attempt has been made to download one or more of the associated files.
17.6: The cancellation period will expire 14 calendar days from the day that you pay for the order via PayPal.
17.7: If you cancel a contract without attempting to download any of the associated files, the owner of this website will reimburse all payments received from you in connection with the relevant contract. The owner of this website will make the reimbursement without undue delay and not later than 14 calendar days after being informed of your decision to cancel the contract. The reimbursement will be made using the same means of payment as you used for the transaction that you are cancelling. You will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement. You will not be able to download ANY of the files associated with the cancelled order.
17.8: To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform the owner of this website of your decision to cancel by a clear written statement using one of the following methods:
- Online by e-mail: This will usually be the easiest and quickest way to cancel. Simply open the order confirmation e-mail, then 'reply' to it, stating that you would like to cancel the contract for the order and confirming that you have not downloaded (or attempted to download) any of the files associated with the order and that you will not attempt to do so. Please ensure that you either include / attach the original order confirmation or that you provide the relevant order number and order date within the text of your e-mail.
- Online by webform: Complete and 'submit' the online Contract Cancellation Webform.
- By post: By printing and completing the Contract Cancellation Form, OR by providing the same information in a letter, then sending the completed form or letter by post to:
Please note that this is a PRIVATE residential address. Communications received at this address that are not deemed to be legal documents will be ignored. Uninvited visitors to this address will not be acknowledged or granted any form of access to the premises. York Illustrated is an internet-based 'sole-trader' business and these restrictions exist to protect the safety and privacy of the owner and his family.
17.9: To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send the cancellation e-mail OR 'submit' the Contract Cancellation Webform OR post the completed Contract Cancellation Form or equivalent cancellation letter before the cancellation period has expired. However, if you choose to cancel by post, you are strongly advised to obtain proof of posting.
18.1: Prior to the expiry of the 21-day download period, licensed files will be made available for download in an uncorrupted form and should match the description provided on this website.
18.2: Prior to the expiry of the 21-day download period, if the purchaser experiences any difficulty downloading a licensed file or if a downloaded file appears to be corrupt or if its content does not appear to match the description provided on this website, the purchaser must immediately reply to the Order Confirmation e-mail or use the webform on the 'Contact' page to outline the nature of the problem. The owner of this website will then investigate and, where appropriate, take action to rectify the problem.
18.3: After the 21-day download period has expired, the owner of this website will be deemed to have fulfilled his obligation to supply the licensed file(s) unless the purchaser has notified him to the contrary in the manner stated in paragraph 18.2. This shall apply regardless of whether or not the relevant file has (files have) been downloaded.
18.4: After the 21-day download period has expired, files downloaded or otherwise supplied under the terms of the personal use license will not be NOT covered by any form of warranty or guarantee.
19.1: By the act of viewing or otherwise accessing or using this website, the user will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to abide by all relevant sections of these Terms and Conditions.
19.2: By the act of purchasing a Personal Use License, the purchaser will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to abide by these Terms and Conditions.
19.3: By the act of accepting a gift given in accordance with the terms of section 15, then making any form of use of it, the gift recipient will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to abide by all relevant sections of these Terms and Conditions, most notably sections 3, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, and 19.
19.4: The possession or use of an unlicensed file will be deemed a breach of copyright. The unlicensed use of a licensed file will be deemed a breach of copyright. Any breach of copyright may give rise to a claim for damages and / or may result in a criminal prosecution.